Why Live in Fort Collins
People often ask, “Why live in Fort Collins?” Our response is usually, “Visit once and you’ll know why”. Home to Colorado State University and situated on the foothills along the Poudre River, Fort Collins is a charming and thriving community. The centerpiece of the community is a bustling downtown center, “Old Town”, that plays host to dozens of concerts, community events and gatherings. On top of all the events, it is the heart of the shopping, restaurant and brewery scene in Fort Collins. Fort Collins is a city that is consistently improving. With forward thinking leadership, Fort Collins has been an excellent place to do business, and is home to several nationally recognized corporations like Anheuser Busch, Hewlett Packard, and Woodward. Owning a home in Fort Collins has always been a safe and secure investment. In the past two decades, Fort Collins has often been deemed best place to live, retire, raise a family or do business. Locals will be quick to tell you that the outdoor activities are second to none and with the 300+ days of sunshine, you’ll get plenty of time to enjoy everything outdoorsy. Come give us a visit, and while you’re in town let us know how we can help you find the very best the city has to offer. You’ll be happy you did.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Fort Collins
- Sunshine and Recreation – As mentioned above, Fort Collins has unparalleled recreational opportunities. High temperatures average only 85 degrees during the summer and a mild 45 degrees in the winter making Fort Collins a perfect climate to enjoy hiking, climbing, mountain biking, watersports, fishing, golf, winter activities or anything else you can imagine.
- Stable and Diverse Economy – Fort Collins doesn’t experience the booms and busts that you see in less steady markets mainly due to our diverse economy. Major sectors like healthcare, education, tech, finance, and agriculture are all perfectly balanced to create our local economy. Add to that we have a highly educated and skilled workforce.
- Food, Drinks and Fun – You can’t come to Fort Collins without experiencing our entertainment scene. Beer culture dominates Fort Collins, home to half a dozen local craft brewers. A fantastic restaurant scene compliments the beer crowd, and we’ve got more festivals and events than you could imagine. Visit Fort Collins and you’ll be certainly entertained.
- Colorado State University – At the heart of our community, Colorado State has long been the backbone of Fort Collins. A top notch research university, CSU is home to one of the nation’s best Vet programs, among other majors. On top of the fact that CSU is Fort Collins’ largest employer, the students help to keep the city hip, energetic and vibrant.
- Highly Ranked School System – The Poudre School District is consistently at the top of state ranks in both standardized test scores, and overall parent, teacher and student satisfaction.
Fort Collins Awards and Accolades
We’re not the only ones who love Fort Collins! For a complete list of all the awards, accolades, recognition and honors Fort Collins has recieved, please click here.
Don’t just take our word for it. To really be able to experience all that Fort Collins has to offer, you’ll need to visit. Once you do, we’re thinking you’ll want to call it home. We’d like the opportunity to talk to you about your Fort Collins relocation. We’ll make it easy to fall in love with our unique city. If you’re interested in making a move to Fort Collins, give us a call today.